Windows Vista sucks!

Dreamweaver crashes on Windows Vista



Dreamweaver crashes on Windows Vista

Argh! I've been cursing Vista for almost every single day, it seems. The latest problem that's been bugging me is running Dreamweaver on my stupid Vista. I can't remember how many times I had to uninstall and install it again and again. It crashes after adding 'table' and other simple command. Curious to find out what went wrong, I Googled and found this;

Dreamweaver 8 crashes on some Vista systems while browsing for files
Dreamweaver 8 may crash when it performs file browsing actions on Microsoft Windows Vista. Some examples include:

Using File > Open to browse the hard drive to open a file.
Inserting an image and using the file browser to select the image.
Creating a hyperlink and using the file browser to select the target file.
Creating a site definition and using the file browser to select the local root folder or remote folder.
Additional reported behavior includes:

Crash occurs when a file browsing dialog appears.
Crash occurs when browsing two or more folders away.
Crash occurs after inserting four images.
Crash occurs when you leave the file browsing dialog box open for a period of time. [kb.adobe.com]

Well, this just sucks.

Prior to this, I also had few other problems with my Vista. First is with my Benq flatbed scanner, the driver is unfortunately, not Vista compatible. Next is WS_FTP. It's also not compatible with Vista. Thank goodness I found an alternative application for a FTP upload software; Filezilla, which is better and more user friendly. Lastly, the most common issue with most Vista Home Premium/Basic users are that it can't run many application at a time.

Enough said. I'm so going to downgrade my Vista to XP. Oh, wait a sec, I mean, UPGRADE to XP. :) And for time being, I'm downloading the latest Dreamweaver CS3. I hope the latest Dreamweaver will be better.

Comments

Asrif Yusoff said…
No love for Billy Gates eh Non? Aku sendiri tak pernah try menatang Vista ni. Pernah dulu aku cuba guna Ubuntu, budget gempak ah... kejap je tahan. Learning curve aku barai ah.
Shahnon said…
aku beli laptop Dell ni dulu sekali dgn Vista. Tak sangka Vista byk problem mcm nih. Nak downgrade XP balik ah pasni. heheh