Election and et cetera

The election season is coming again! I think Pak Lah and his strategist are probably thinking of whether or not to allow Anwar to contest in the next election by now(if election is held before April, Anwar wouldn't be able to contest) Rumour has it that, Anwar is trying to so-called destabilise the country by organising demonstrations, in an effort to delay the election date as he feels that Pak Lah wouldn't call for election in time of crisis. Well, that is just one of the many political gossips flying around.

Here are some of my thought that have been bugging me since Pak Lah took over the premiership from Tun Dr. Mahathir.
First of all, I'm excited of that fact that I'm going to vote for the first time! The right to vote is something many have have fought and died for, though I can't think of such incident actually happened in Malaysia(or Malaya, back then). I am fully aware that my kawasan is 'sadly', a 'safe seat' for BN, hence not much of a drama or real challenge can be seen, unlike some seats in Penang or Kelantan. That is also a reason why the percentage of voters turn out here were always lower compared to some kampung districts.

Anyways here are some of my thoughts on the current administration.
First thing is about the current state of Putrajaya and Cyberjaya. As someone who considers Cyberjaya as one of his hometown (studied and lived there for 4 years) I am dissapointed to say the least at what has happened to these two 'mega cities' after Pak Lah became PM. Development and progress at these places seems to be going on at a snail's pace! We can't rely on Perbadanan Putrajaya or the Majlis Perbandaran Sepang (the local council for Cyberjaya) alone on this matter, there must be a strong political will to develop it. I wonder what are these people in Putrajaya are doing about this. Unless, if there is some hidden agenda to discredit all of Tun Dr. Mahathir's legacy, which I wouldn't want to go into.
Main reason why Tun Dr. Mahathir built Putrajaya was simply because he knew that Kuala Lumpur is getting more congested and as such he felt that there must be a new administrative capital for Malaysia to divert all the hassle and traffic from KL to Putrajaya. But the situation that we have now is that, KL is getting more developed. Just look around Jalan Ampang area, more office towers, luxury service apartments are being built. Don't get me wrong, I am not against any development in KL. I just feel that the focus should be more on developing Putrajaya or I'm afraid that Putrajaya could soon be following the same fate as the once hyped E-Village. Yes? No?

Another issue is about the MSC. Tun Dr. Mahathir has clearly laid down the foundation of the MSC. What happened to the MSC now? I only know that it has changed its name to MSC-Malaysia. I really can't recall when was the last time Pak Lah talked about the MSC, or anything on ICT matters. Cyberjaya is supposed to be the nucleus of the MSC, but seems that other states want a piece of the nucleus too. We heard about Terengganu wanting to be the centre of animation and multimedia. Now we have another cybercity near the Perak Hi-Tech Park in Perak. Why can't they just concentrate on Cyberjaya and channel all investors there?? This I just can't understand. Even in the States, there is only One Silicon Valley. Cyberjaya itself is still very much under develop I would say. Just go to Cyberjaya and see for yourself. Nothing has changed since I left in 2005. It is sad to see all these. The nearby Paya Indah Wetlands has closed shop. Millions have been spend. All gone to waste. Paya Indah was a nice retreat place, actually. I guess I was probably one of the lucky few who have been there.

Next, if there is one thing that I want to see the government to subsidies is, book price! Book price in Malaysia is exorbitantly expensive! By reducing the price, I feel it could definitely help to increase the number of book readers in the country, right? :)

There are few more things which I wanted to write, but I'm feelin sleepy already discussing this matter. I am not trying to be an expert on the issues discussed above. I'm just writing my heart out. If there is any factual error or comments, I'd like to hear them.

Comments