Lagwagon!

Lagwagon -I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon

I've been listening to Lagwagon ever since my uni days and I still rate 'Let's Talk About Feelings' (1998) as one of their best. And I thought 'Resolved' (2005) would be their last album. Good to know that they have released their new album, entitled, 'I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon'. Here's the album review from punknews.org.
"I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon features seven songs that show how the band keeps on developing their sound. After their pop melodies on Let's Talk About Feelings, Lagwagon changed direction and drove into the dusty road of heavy and dirty punk, with albums like Blaze and Resolve displaying some of the rawest songs the band ever recorded. For the new EP, the trip is going on; even if this time the production (due to Joey Cape himself) sounds clearer, the result is still raw. Not only musically, but also lyrically. The EP starts with "B Side," probably the softest song on the record, with its catchy guitar riffs that remind me of Hoss. But songs like "No Little Pill" and "Errands" are seriously catchy, poppy, and at the same time, the music is strong and heavy. "Memories and Landmines" is the best song on the record to me, with fast-paced guitar riffs and very strong bass lines that reminded me of "Sleep," but in a hardcore way.

Lagwagon is probably a lot like wine. The older it gets, the better. It's great and somehow scary to see how the oldest Fat Wreck band is the one that is still developing new, interesting and original music, while many other original acts disbanded or lost inspiration. I Think My Older Brother Used to Listen to Lagwagon can surely be named the best half-full length most of us are going to hear this year." - Punknews.org

Comments