Whither Sufiah Yusuf?

Child maths prodigy 'working as a prostitute'
By Megan Levy

A child prodigy who was one of the youngest students to be admitted to Oxford University is now working as a prostitute in Manchester, it has been claimed.

Sufiah Yusof at the age of 15
Sufiah Yusof was just 13 years old when she was admitted to the prestigious university to study mathematics.

But 10 years on, Miss Yusof now earns £130 an hour working as a prostitute from her flat in Salford, Manchester, according to the News of the World.

The newspaper claims it sent an undercover reporter to the 23-year-old's home, where Miss Yusof, who allegedly works under the name Shilpa Lee, described the services she reportedly offered. [read more]

News was first picked up from newsoftheworld.co.uk. From the comments made by her mother in Daily Mail UK, I'm quite surprised, cos it's as if Sufiah is no longer her daughter;
Yesterday, her mother, Halimahton, 51, a scientist, said she had no idea her daughter was working as a prostitute.

Speaking from her home in Coventry, Mrs Yusof said: "I didn't know anything about that. I am not in touch with Sufiah any more. I have got no comment."

Also on today's mainstream papers.
Utusan: Tragedi Hidup Sufiah
TheStar: Math prodigy now a £130 hooker claim

Sigh. I pity her actually. I wouldn't want to comment much here. I just hope she knows what future lies ahead for her..

Comments

I hope it's not too late for her to change.

Btw, hope you're doing fine as always :)

Nanti update my link ya. Thanks Shahnon!
Anonymous said…
hi shaira, thanks for dropping by.
yep, nanti i'll update the link :P