Malaysian Crazy guy on Bike

I've been following Tzuo Hann's Long Way From Home bike journal on and off for quite a while and recently while checking on his website, I noticed that he has now finally crossed the Malaysian border, Padang Besar! I remember the first time that I bumped onto his journal, he was still somewhere in Istanbul, Turkey. Well, that was many months ago, obviously. As a Malaysian I feel proud for him. Correct me if I am wrong, I think he is the first Malaysian to cycle round the world, yes? But sadly there has been no serious media coverage on him. I wonder.. I hope the government would give some sort of a recognition to his amazing feat. Man, cycling round the world, sacrificing everything that you have isn't really something that anybody can do. Though I know that he has already claimed, "..no family of my own, no job, no girlfriend, no strings. What more can I ask for? The time comes around only once!". :p

I've always fancy the idea of travelling the world (well, who does not) and I really enjoy reading Tzuo Hann's travelogue and his beautiful photographs. To those not in the know, Tzuo Hann Law is a Malaysian graduate from an American university, unemployed with no commitment, and is currently on his way home on a bike from the USA. He has cycled over 28,286 km (17,576 miles) over 293 days from May 28, 2007 to present time. His journey started from New Jersey to Washington, USA to Europe, Turkey, the Middle East, Central Asia, China, Southeast Asia and now back in Malaysia..

His achievement is definitely no easy feat. I would strongly recommend him to publish all the journals and photos into a book. I'm sure he's already have this idea in mind. This is something that should be shared with all young Malaysians.

You can view his journey map here

In case if some of you are wondering why do I suddenly have interest in this crazyguyonabile, it's because I was a former mountain biker enthusiast too, during my school days. So yeah, basically that's about it. But sadly, the surrounding area of the oil palm plantation that we used to go mountain biking were now all gone - it has turned into a huge housing estates. hehe. Anyways, congratulations again to Tzuo Hann for his amazing biking adventure.

Comments