Malaysian General Election

Barely two days left to go for the big day. Frankly speaking, to me voting in an election in Malaysia is like choosing between the lesser of two evils. There is no clear and obvious right or wrong side. But I'm no fence sitter. I've already made my decision long time ago. Come this Saturday, I'll cast my vote for the parliament seat of Kelana Jaya and the state seat of Subang Jaya. The Kelana Jaya parliament seat will see a three-cornered fight between Barisan Nasional (BN); Mr. Lee Hwa Beng,former Subang Jaya assemblyman, Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR); the famous Lingam photographer, Loh Gwo Burne and independent candidate, Billi Lim.

If you ask me, I'll tell you straight away, who is this Gwo Burne fellow before the Lingam trial? Where? What was he doing? Admittedly, I admire his courage for stepping up to become one of the witness in the Lingam trial. But what has that got to do with him standing up as an opposition candidate? PKR is just capitalising on his popularity of the Lingam saga. Nothing else. I'd rather cross my vote for the independent candidate, Billi Lim than this fellow. Billi Lim might get some sympathy votes from the fence sitters, perhaps. Lee Hwa Beng has a long proven track record here, so I feel this should be an easy win for BN and Lee Hwa Beng.

As an experienced three term assemblyman, he should have it easy this time around. Maybe there would be some swing votes among the disgruntled voters here, but to me I just don't have faith in the PKR candidate for Kelana Jaya. And same goes for the PKR and Anwar Ibrahim! It is not that I'm a big supporter of Pak Lah. No. It's just that I have no love lost for Anwar or Hadi Awang. Period. Anwar? He has already missed the golden opportunity to be Prime Minister. Thank goodness he didn't become one. I'll post some more soon, maybe.

Later.

Comments