Back! Yes, I am Back!

So, what is up?? Good news and bad news!

Good news first. Finally I am back, blogging! Yay!!! Sorry, am a little bit excited. Can't help it. If I were to describe my blogging life, it must have been like a roller coaster ride. One of the reasons why this blog was down for such a long time was partly because of the bloody Malware that has infected my server! I've wasted so many hours trying to figure out the error. And thanks to Taqiyuddin from MYCERT who has patiently helped me out going through the long list of Apache logs and detected the errors. I wonder who was the culprit attempting to attack my harmless and humble blog?

I have since temporarily shut down the domain. And shahnons.blogspot.com will be my temporary blogging space. Though not for long, I hope.

Now for the bad news. I just got an email from Blogger which reads "Important: Changes to Blogger FTP Service". Curious enough, I clicked on it and there goes the bad news. (damnit!)

Blogger is shutting down its FTP Publishing service! Omg. I have been using Blogger on my own domain for more than 5 years already and it's just frustrating to read this piece of news.

According to Blogger, here's the reason why they are closing down their FTP publishing service:
"...only .5% of active blogs are published via FTP — yet the percentage of our engineering resources devoted to supporting FTP vastly exceeds that. On top of this, critical infrastructure that our FTP support relies on at Google will soon become unavailable, which would require that we completely rewrite the code that handles our FTP processing."

Sad.. but to look at it positively, it's also like a blessing in disguise. If not because of the news, I wouldn't be setting up this temporary blog URL. And I wouldn't be typing this new entry after such a long hiatus.

By the way, to those not in the know, I have been blogging rather inactively at my "other" place - Klik4Malaysia.com. Go check it out here! :)

Comments